Webinar: Support for the compilation of GHG inventories and identification of mitigation options in the waste sector
The Information Matters project, implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) under its International Climate Initiative (IKI), is pleased to invite you to the webinar “support for the compilation of GHG inventories and identification of mitigation options in the waste sector”
- on 18 September 2018
- between 11am – 12 pm CET (Paris, Berlin, Rome) // 9am-10am UTC.
- Register here on the day of the webinar: https://bit.ly/2wJNc8f
This webinar aims to introduce the “training on the compilation of GHG inventories and identification of mitigation options in the waste sector” developed jointly by the Information Matters project and the Sectoral Project concepts for sustainable solid waste management and circular economy that is conducted on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The development of the training materials was supported by the expert consultancy firm Resources and Waste Advisory (RWA) Group (factsheet on the training).
The training aims to support the improvement of GHG emissions estimates for the waste sector and to facilitate the identification of emission reduction policies and measures. Main target audience of the webinar are staff of government and/or national research institutions involved in data collection, measuring and reporting GHG emissions and in the identification and planning of climate change mitigation activities in the waste sector.
Webinar participants will learn about the four core modules of the training, how trainings are conducted, and how to apply for the training.
The webinar agenda will include the following topics:
- Technical instructions – GIZ
- Introduction to the webinar – GIZ
- Short overview of the GIZ projects Concepts for sustainable solid waste management and circular economy and Information Matters – GIZ
- Overview of the “training on the compilation of GHG inventories and identification of mitigation options in the waste sector” and experiences in conducting the training in Ghana and Colombia – RWA-Group
- Questions & Answers
- Closing remarks – GIZ
Register here on the day of the webinar:
The webinar session will be recorded and published on the YouTube channel of the Information Matters project.
The webinar room will open 60 minutes before the session starts. We strongly suggest you enter the webinar early to make sure everything works as expected.
How to enter the Webinar? Make sure your computer complies with all requirements to run Saba Meeting!
- The day of the webinar, please copy the webinar link above and open it in the browser "Internet Explorer".
- You first register and then please just click on the link “Install the Saba Meeting App”. Please follow the instructions to install the Saba Meeting App. You don´t need administrator rights in your computer to do so. Please click "allow", "enable" or “run” the Saba Meeting App whenever the respective system warnings pop up. Ignore the java update if it shows up.
- You need to have audio output working (preferably using a headset or earphones) and a reliable internet connection (avoid WiFi and use LAN if possible).
Please show up 30-60 minutes before the official start to test your system. We will be in the room to guide you.
We invite you to read the one-page quick guide (download link on the right margin) to familiarize yourself with the basic functions of the software we use. If you have any difficulties, do not hesitate to contact our support person Sibylle: sibylle.tuschter(at)gmx.de.
Looking forward to e-see you!
Oscar Zarzo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Johannes Paul (email@example.com)
Catarina Tarpo (firstname.lastname@example.org)