UNFCCC secretariat (2017): New guidance document for peer review of GHG inventories for non-Annex I Parties
A new guidance document for on conducting quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) for GHG inventories has been created by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) secretariat, with the support of the Global Support Programme (GSP) for National Communications and Biennial Update Reports.
The document, entitled Guide for Peer Review of National GHG Inventories, aims to serve as a manual for experts to conduct QA for the GHG inventory and inventory development process. It describes how to perform QA of national GHG inventory management systems and national GHG inventories, taking into consideration and ensuring consistency with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) guidelines for national GHG inventories, and the Consultative Group of Experts on National Communications from Parties not included in Annex I to the Convention (CGE) and United States Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) training materials, workbooks, templates on developing sustainable national GHG inventory systems.
The objectives of the guide are to (1) provide clear guidance for the peer-review of national GHG inventory reports and national GHG inventory management systems, to achieve higher quality reporting, through the use of QA and QC procedures in a non-intrusive or punitive manner; (2) achieve enhanced capacity of national experts involved in the process of the preparation of national GHG inventories to develop high quality, transparent, national GHG inventory reports and maintain sustainable national GHG inventory management systems; and (3) facilitate the enhanced process of QA and QC of national GHG inventory reports, both across countries (peer-review) and within countries (expert-review).
To find out more, visit this address: http://mitigationandtransparencyexchange.org/mate/?p=4513.
- UNDP, UNFCCC (2014): Africa Technical Dialogue on Intended Nationally Determined Contributions to the 2015 Agreements under the UNFCCC - Final Report
- UNFCCC (2017): Guide for Peer Review of National GHG Inventories
- GIZ (2017): Guidance note on how to design transformational mitigation projects. A checklist for project developers and managers
- UNDP, UNFCCC (2014): Latin American Caribbean Technical Dialogue on Intended Nationally Determined Contributions to the 2015 Agreements under the UNFCCC - Final Report
- UNFCCC (2014) Report on the in-forum workshop on area (b) of the work programme on the impact of the implementation of response measures
- Technical dialogue on Intended Nationally Determined Contributions towards a 2015 agreement under UNFCCC
- Leadership Training on Environmental and Climate Issues (Phase II)
- Resource efficiency and secondary raw materials management as a contribution to climate change mitigation
- Accounting Rules for the Achievement of the Mitigation Goals of Non-Annex I Countries
- Climate Partnership with the Private Sector