Since March 2016, the Information Matters project provided support to the Department of Climate Change (DCC) within Viet Nam’s Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE). A tailored roadmap of activities, based on capacity gaps and needs identified during a stock taking mission in March 2016, was finalised in collaboration with the partner during the project’s kick-off workshop in August 2016. With the countries second Biennial Update Report (BUR2) under preparation, the capacity-building activities assisted the enhancement of Viet Nam’s reporting system with a focus on the compilation of this specific report.
Between 2016 and 2019, IM supported Viet Nam with capacity-building workshops in the following areas:
- Familiarisation of staff from governmental institutions with the BUR guidelines on national reporting
- Identification of and reporting on mitigation actions within the BUR
- Support to the design of NAMAs and in the set-up of a national MRV system
- Reporting on support needed and received within the BUR
- Improvement and further institutionalisation of the BUR and NC processes
Viet Nam submitted its second BUR to UNFCCC in November 2017 and its Third National Communication in February 2019.
Photo credits of all workshop pictures on this website: GIZ