Guidance note on how to design transformational mitigation projects. A checklist for project developers and managers
This Guidance Note aims to help practitioners better understand the concept of transformational change (TC). By providing a checklist of the characteristics of transformational change that should be considered in the design of transformational mitigation projects, the Guidance Note can support the achievement of the following objectives:
1) enhance the impact and relevance of projects implementing NDCs;
2) meet the requirements and demands of climate funds, donors and partners;
3) address crosssectoral project goals; and
4) assist in designing mitigation policies and actions (including NAMAs) which initiate and propel long-term transformational processes.
The Guidance Note helps to answer the following questions:
- What are the characteristics of TC, and what constitutes transformational policies and actions?
- How can my project contribute to transformational policies and actions, and what do I need to consider when designing transformational mitigation projects?
- How can I manage the processes that trigger the desired transformation?