World Future Council (2013): From vision to action: a workshop report on 100% Renewable Energies in European Regions
This report is a documentation of the parliamentary hearing hosted by the World Future Council, the Nordic Folkecenter and the Climate Service Center (CSC) at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht. The workshop took place on October 4th to 7th 2012 at the Nordic Folkecenter in Hurupn Thy, Denmark. It provided a platform for policy makers and experts to share knowledge, exchange ideas, develop strategies and build up networks in order to implement the 100% Renewable Energies (RE) target across European regions. The overall goal was to enable decision makers from European regions to undertake the necessary political action to realize the 100% RE goal by presenting political instruments and strategies that showed success elsewhere in Europe. In this multi-stakeholder dialogue, 40 representatives from national, regional and local governments as well as academia and civil society from 15 European countries and Canada participated.
All presentations here
- PBL (2015): Enhanced Policy Scenarios for Major Emitting Countries
- WRI (2007): Slicing the Pie: Sector-based Approaches to International Climate Agreements
- Germanwatch (2012): Short-Term Mitigation Ambition Pre-2020 - Opportunities to Close the Emissions Gap
- GIZ (2015) Management and destruction of existing ozone depleting substances banks
- CDKN (2011): The Green Climate Fund: Options for Mobilizing the Private Sector